- I use my It Cosmetics brush bath spray ($18 at ulta) and spray the brush I’m working on first then rub the brush as clean as possible on a towel specifically for my brush cleaning. Wetting the brush is not needed before or after the spray. Repeat to each brush allowing them to dry for about 2 minutes
- Next I use a cheap bar soap. It doesn’t matter just as long as you would feel comfortable with it on your face. I rinse the brush under warm water. Then wet the soap bar.
- Rub only the brush thoroughly on the soap bar. You will see the color of your makeup appear on the bar.
- After 30 seconds or so rinse both the bar and the brush hairs. If you saw a lot of your makeup color on the soap the first time then repeat step 3.
- Gently dry the brush on a towel. Maybe the backside of the first towel you used and lay flat to dry.
- Repeat with other brushes.
- Leave to dry overnight